Thursday, December 2, 2010

Winter Poem

So the winter has come, what a disappointment
Frigid winds blowing hard enough to cause disjointment
The season of influenza, be sure to make an appointment
With the doctor that is
The season where faces meet the north
And shovels and salt meet the porch
Waking in the morning trying to find a reason to push forth
Onward to my next destination
Every aspect is planned in the matters of my transportation
All formed around the idea of heat conservation
But none the less mother nature's ugly side is waiting
To capture me in her arctic choke hold
Bad enough to make me want to toke coal
In my back pack
Quick steps through the snow create tracks
So the brave souls who take on the streets behind can trace back
All the way to where it was once warm.
Church.

1 comment: